Chia, South Sardinia: Best Italian Beach 2017!
It’s Chia, in South West Sardinia, the best beach resort in Italy for the year 2017. According to environmental watchdog Legambiente and Touring Club Italia research in fact, Chia has the cleanest and most beautiful italian beaches. With this result Chia confirmes the first place of the 2016 in the so called “Guida Blu” (or “Blue Guide“, the guide to sustainable tourism in Italy edited every year by “Legambiente” together with “Touring Club Italiano“). The big news of the 2017 edition of the guide is the decision to enlarge the survey to the whole sea areas, because tourists tend to explore beaches, places and attractions close to the hotel or holiday home the chose to stay in, without limiting themeselves to the municipality borders obviously.
Beach Areas awarded in Sardinia:
Not only Chia, Sardinia boasts five of the 21 sea areas awarded to the prestigious Legambiente’s “Five-sails label” for their natural beauty, biodiversity, sustainability (but also good land management, excellent service and high-level food and wine offer). By the way Sardinia is the only Italian region to have, once again, 5 locations awarded of the 5 sails:
- Chia (in the municipality of Domus de Maria, South West Sardinia)
- Baronia of Posada and and the 8,000-hectare Tepilora Natural Reserve (between Posada and Siniscola, Sardegna, in the North East of Sardinia, South of San Teodoro)
- Baunei (Ogliastra, in Central East Sardinia)
- Planargia: Bosa (in North West Sardinia, not far from Alghero)
- Gallura e Arcipelago della Maddalena (including the tourism resort of Santa Teresa Gallura, La Maddalena, Palau, Arzachena, the whole North East of Sardinia basically)
Why this guide is important?
By our point of view this guide is not only important because it expleins us where’re the most beautiful Sardinian beaches and where the related best facilities, but it also helps us to understand where local administrations use to implement the best management practices. If you’re going to buy a house, even for rental or investment purpose, wouldn’t you prefer to choose the best administrated areas?
Who Legambiente is?
Legambiente is the most widespread environmental organization in Italy and it’s a member of the European Environmental Bureau and of the International Union for Conservation of Nature.